After the shooting spree in Aurora Colorado there were predictable voices on the left ready to blame the Tea Party. This happens after any tragedy like this. This time it was ABC with the embedded political operative George Stephanopoulos and the disgraceful hack Brian Ross speculating on air that the shooter might be a member of the Tea Party. There is no journalism involved here, just left-wing politics in play. There is absolutely no basis for suspecting that any violent act came from a member of the Tea Party. Here is the platform of the modern Tea Party. Judge for yourself.
Preamble: The Tea Party Movement is an all-inclusive American grassroots movement with the belief that everyone is created equal and deserves an equal opportunity to thrive in these United States where they may “pursue life, liberty and happiness” as stated in the Declaration of Independence and guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.
No one is excluded from participation in the Tea Party Movement. Everyone is welcomed to join in seeking to achieve the Tea Party Movement goals, which are as follows:
1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes – Excessively high taxes are a burden for those exercising their personal liberty to work hard and prosper as afforded by the Constitution.
2. Eliminate the National Debt – By implementing fiscally conservative policies at all levels of government, progress can be made toward eliminating the U.S. National Debt. Massive increases in the National Debt have created and continue to create a huge burden for the next generation of Americans, thus imperiling the country’s short-term and long-term economic health and prosperity.
3. Eliminate Deficit Spending
4. Protect Free Markets
5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States – The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land and must be adhered to without exception at all levels of government. This includes the Bill of Rights and other Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and their provisions designed to protect states’ rights and individual liberties.
6. Promote Civic Responsibility – Citizen involvement at the grassroots level allows the voice of the American people to be heard and directs the political behaviors of our representatives at both the local and national level so they, in turn, may be most effective in working to preserve the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of this country’s citizens.
7. Reduce the Overall Size of Government – A bloated bureaucracy creates wasteful spending that plagues our government.
8. Believe in the People – The American people, given their guaranteed freedoms, will thrive in a democratic, capitalist environment which allows individuals to strive toward ever greater achievements, innovations and the efficient production of needed and valued goods and services.
9. Avoid the Pitfalls of Politics – American politics is burdened by big money from lobbyists and special interests with an undue influence on the peoples’ representatives. The Tea Party movement is seen as a threat to the entrenched political parties and thus is the continual target of smear campaigns and misrepresentation of its ideals. We choose not to respond to these attacks except to strongly and explicitly disavow any and all hate speech, any and all violence as well as insinuations of violence, and any and all extreme and fringe elements that bring discredit to the Tea Party Movement. We are a peaceful movement and respect other’s opinions and views even though they do not agree with our own. We stand by the Tea Party beliefs and goals and choose to focus our energies on ensuring that our government representatives do the same.
10. Maintain Local Independence – The strength and resilience of a grassroots movement is the ability of citizens at the local level to determine their own platforms, agendas and priorities free of an overriding central leadership.
Now let’s look at some of the beliefs and teachings of people from the left.
Bill Ayers: Ayers was the mastermind of a campaign of bombing public buildings (including police stations, the U.S. Capitol Building, and the Pentagon) during the 1960s and 1970s.
The quotes below are directly from a book entitled Prairie Fire: The Politics of Revolutionary Anti-Imperialism, which was written and published in 1974 by William Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn and other members of the Weather Underground. President Obama is well-connected to Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dorhrn. In this book Ayers declares himself to be a communist, and announces that his group’s bombing campaign was intended to start a violent revolution to overthrow the American government. When asked recently if he regretted some of his actions (referring to the bombings) he replied: “Is one of those regrets that I took extreme measures against the United States at a time of tremendous crisis? No it is not. I don’t regret that. The people of the world are being exploited and oppressed and militarized by the great imperialist powers, led by the United States. That is the situation today in my view. And I’m not sorry about anything that I participated to try to end that war or against that government that was waging that war.”
“We are a guerrilla organization. We are communist women and men, underground in the United States for more than four years. We are deeply affected by the historic events of our time in the struggle against U.S. imperialism.”
“Our intention is to disrupt the empire, to incapacitate it, to put pressure on the cracks, to make it hard to carry out its bloody functioning against the people of the world, to join the world struggle, to attack from the inside.”
“The only path to the final defeat of imperialism and the building of socialism is revolutionary war. Revolutionary war will be complicated and protracted. It includes mass struggle and clandestine struggle, peaceful and violent, political and economic, cultural and military, where all forms are developed in harmony with the armed struggle. Without mass struggle there can be no revolution. Without armed struggle there can be no victory.”
Reverend Jeremiah Wright – President Obama’s pastor for several years.
“A riot is the language of the unheard.”
“The question is not whether we will be extremist but what kind of extremist will we be.”
“You cannot do terrorism on other people and expect it never to come back on you.”
Saul Alinsky – Another hero of the left. He is the father of “community organizing” which is really just stirring political unrest. He was one of Obama’s mentors:
“The third rule of ethics of means and ends is that in war the end justifies almost any means….”
Margaret Sangor – Founder of Planned parenthood. Since abortion is the religion of the Democrat Party, she is like their Jesus Christ.
“Today eugenics is suggested by the most diverse minds as the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems.”
“I think you must agree … that the campaign for birth control is not merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical with the final aims of eugenics … Birth control propaganda is thus the entering wedge for the eugenic educator.”
“As an advocate of birth control I wish … to point out that the unbalance between the birth rate of the ‘unfit’ and the ‘fit,’ admittedly the greatest present menace to civilization, can never be rectified by the inauguration of a cradle competition between these two classes. In this matter, the example of the inferior classes, the fertility of the feeble-minded, the mentally defective, the poverty-stricken classes, should not be held up for emulation. On the contrary, the most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective.”
These are just a few of the left’s heroes. If anything the press should look to the left as a source for violent actions. In reality when there is a mass murder as in Aurora it is usually the actions of a sick or evil person with no particular political agenda.