It was a Tuesday morning on September 11, 2001 when 19 Islamist terrorists hijacked four passenger jets. The hijackers intentionally piloted two of those planes, American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175, into the North and South towers of the World Trade Center complex in New York City; both towers collapsed within two hours. The hijackers also intentionally crashed American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon. A fourth hijacked jet, United Airlines Flight 93, was intended to crash into the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C.; however, the plane was forced to crash into a field in Pennsylvania after some brave passengers attempted to take control of the jet from the hijackers. Nearly 3,000 Americans died on US soil.
We remain at war with Islam, a religion that teaches (brainwashes) that their god desires them to kill anyone who is not of Islam.
Casualties of September 11 Attacks
The total of people who died in the 9/11 attacks was 2,996 (2.977 victims and 19 hijackers).
In the World Trade Center and near it there were 2,606 persons, including:
- 1,762 residents of New York
- 1,402 persons in Tower 1
- 674 residents of New Jersey
- 658 employees of Cantor Fitzgerald L.P.
- 614 persons in Tower 2
- 355 employees of Marsh Inc.
- 343 firefighters
- 175 employees of Aon Corporation
- 37 Port Authority police officers
- 23 police officers
- 2 paramedics
- 1 firefighter was killed by a man who jumped off the top floors
On the airplanes there were 246 members of the crews and passengers. All these people died.
- 87 on American Airlines Flight 11
- 60 on United Airlines Flight 175
- 59 on American Airlines Flight 77
- 40 on United Flight 93
During the attack on the Pentagon 125 military personnel and civilians died.