Over the last four years under President Obama we have experienced the worst economic times since the days of Jimmy Carter. Obama has added more to our national debt than all previous presidents combined. To make matters worse the President has apologized repeatedly for the US and has lowered our stature in the world, reducing us to followers. He has failed to deliver on his lofty promise of hope and change.
Mitt Romney may be our only hope. This country cannot afford another four years of Obama’s “divide and conquer” administration. Mitt, in his nomination acceptance speech, talked about America’s greatness, he talked of optimism and that fact that we were always a unified country. He outlined what his top five priorities will be if elected:
- By 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking invented of our oil, are coal, our gas, our nuclear, and renewables.
- We will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow. When it comes to the school your child will attend, every parent should have a choice, and every child should have a chance.
- We will make trade work for America by forging new trade agreements, and when nations cheat in trade, there will be unmistakable consequences.
- To assure every entrepreneur and every job creator that their investments in America will not vanish, as have those in Greece. We will cut the deficit and put America on track to a balanced budget.
- We will champion small businesses, America’s engine of job growth. That means reducing taxes on business, not raising them. It means simplifying and modernizing the regulations that hurt small businesses the most and it means we must rein in skyrocketing cost of health care by repealing and replacing Obamacare.
Mitt Romney knows what it takes to turn failing companies into successful companies. His plan is simple yet right on point. Each priority is in sharp contrast to Obama’s ideas. It is about time that we have as a top national goal to be energy independent. Obama has worked against this, shutting down oil rigs, piling on regulations on the coal and gas industries and stopping the Canadian pipeline project. Obama wants to protect the teachers union so giving parents a choice of where there children go to school is not in his plans. Similarly his obsession with unions has prevented him from pursuing trade deals. And Obama has shown his ignorance of economics by calling for tax increases on the job creators. The choice in this election could not be any clearer.
The list of failed green initiatives under the Obama administration keeps growing. Obama’s scorecard has been updated. You can find it in “Fun Stuff”. Click here to see the latest.