Obama’s administration has added 11,327 pages to the Code of Federal Regulations over the past three years. The President is also responsible for over $5.4 trillion in new debt in his first term. Obamacare has eighteen pagesto define a full-time employee. That should tell you all you need to know about Obamacare. The unemployment rate has remained above 8% for most of Obama’s term. The real unemployment rate, one that quits counting the long-term unemployed as if they don’t really want a job) is 14.7%. These things are all related. Obama’s policies are exactly opposite of what we need to create jobs and spark the economy. The tons of regulations are big disincentives for job creation.
Randy Johnson, senior vice president of labor, immigration and employee benefits at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, in a Labor Day briefing, distributed a handout of a Congressional Research Service analysis of a 2008 study commissioned by the Small Business Administration that estimated the annual compliance price for all federal regulations at $1.7 trillion that year. That was before Obama dumped over 11,000 new pages of regulation on our economy.
Obama cannot run on his record so he continues to use the tired line that “we did not know how bad the economy was”. This contradicts his entire 2008 Presidential campaign where he said our economy was the worse since the Great Depression. We expect this from a man who even lied in his autobiography. Bill Clinton, also not a man known for his honesty, parroted this ridiculous claim at the Democrat convention when he said that no President, not even (the great) Bill Clinton, could have fixed the economy in a mere four years.
The reason our economy is in the tank, our credit has been downgraded, our debt has skyrocketed and unemployment is at 14.7% is because of Obama’s policies, period. The good news is that the fix is not all that complicated. Romney’s five point plan is right on target. His plan is:
- By 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking invented of our oil, are coal, our gas, our nuclear, and renewables.
- We will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow. When it comes to the school your child will attend, every parent should have a choice, and every child should have a chance.
- We will make trade work for America by forging new trade agreements, and when nations cheat in trade, there will be unmistakable consequences.
- To assure every entrepreneur and every job creator that their investments in America will not vanish, as have those in Greece. We will cut the deficit and put America on track to a balanced budget.
- We will champion small businesses, America’s engine of job growth. That means reducing taxes on business, not raising them. It means simplifying and modernizing the regulations that hurt small businesses the most and it means we must rein in skyrocketing cost of health care by repealing and replacing Obamacare.
With a President Romney, if the GOP holds the House and can get to 51 seats in the Senate (60 would be much better) then America has a chance.